Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year 2011 from Silverdale, WA

Today the children and I managed to hijack their daddy for a few hours (under duress) and take him out for some fresh air to the park; and BOY was it fresh!!!! -2 to 0 degrees fresh... as you will see from the pix. I love living in Silverdale in the heart of the Puget Sound, WA. in the midst of the Evergreen State.  I was thinking today how God has a destiny for our lives, and gives us little snapshots as we go along and we seek his will for our lives.

In 2005 when we were expecting our 2nd oldest, we visited Washington State on a ministry trip for the first time and stayed with some friends about 10 mile from where we now live. That night after a time of worship the family prayed for us and one of them shared they saw a vision in the Spirit as they prayed for us: They saw an evergreen tree with nest in it. On the way to their house I had noticed that most of the license plates on the cars displayed 'Evergreen State' on them. My husband had told me then, that was because it was the name for Washington - the Evergreen State. As soon as the vision was shared, something leapt in my spirit and was sealed in my heart. I said 'The Evergreen Tree is Washington State and the nest is a home.
I did not know how, or if, or when, but I felt sure, that if we ever came to the USA to live, it would be to Washington State. That vision never left me, it was so strong. My husband applied for so many posts all over the USA as he felt sure to return to pastor, but it was in the Evergreen State that the Lord opened the door.

It is so much like Wales here, I feel like I am still on maternity leave in West Wales in a little hide out; apart from the obvious fact; they drive on the other side of the road here, and sound a little different. So, without further a do, here are the photos we took a few hours ago. To give you a flavour of our first cold, frosty and picturesque New Years Day in Silverdale WA. God is so good all the time..




Silverdale Old Town Dock

View of Mount Rainier from Silverdale Waterfront



Mount Rainier in the distance from the Waterfront- it is 100 miles away!


The Dock

Dyes Inlet - from Silverdale Waterfront

Sharing a Mocha with Mummy x

Cheese !


Attention!

Rock 'n' Roll


These handle bars are freezing!


Next time leave your gloves on like me!

Getting the knack!


Now this looks fun!

Olympic Mountains from Ridgetop- Through the tops of the Evergreen

 A beautiful sunset over Silverdale to end a beautiful New Years Day x

4 comments:

  1. looks like you had a lovely day!! Cant believe how big Elijah is getting :-) glad to see you have found another old town dock . . . big hugs to you all xa

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are amazing...Nice job. Looks like you guys had a ton of fun in the sun and the cold..Enjoy the first week of the New Year..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures! Smart move to get the man out and enjoy time with the family. They grow so fast!

    Looks like your first anniversary is around the corner! The US is improved with your presence!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing those moments with me...I really hope to see you one day when I go to the U.S.
    God bless your family
    My best wishes to Conrad too.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete