Thursday, April 28, 2011

David Wilkerson goes to Glory!


May 19th 1931 - April 27th 2011


Last night my husband came home from church to let me know that he had heard David Wilkerson had been killed in a car accident in Texas. Many will know him as the guys who wrote his testimony through the book The Cross and the Switchblade and the pastor of Time Square Church, New York where the ministry of Teen Challenge was birthed and of which he was the founder.

I never really followed this guys ministry but something that has stayed with me is that I remember hearing that he called his church to a time of praying and fasting to pray for New York two weeks prior to 911. Who knows what the outcome would have been had he not called that fast.

My husband said last night; He was a true prophet

May God bless his family at this time and the church and ministry who will need goldy wisdom in how to proceed. For more information of his life and testimony  CLICK HERE , also CBN News Video Report  CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment