Monday, December 27, 2010

Enjoying the Glory one year on - My Friend Cherie

Elijah having a cuddle with Auntie Cherie


Cherie looking pensive - June 2009

Cherie savouring the moment..she loved my children x

My friend Cherie graduated to Glory one year ago today after a long 4 year battle with cancer. Today I want to honour her as a wonderful friend who loved my children and was a crazy woman of God... She was such an evangelist at heart and her longing was to be where the outreaches were.



A few weeks before Cherie entered palliative care she had been very ill, yet was determined to get her Christmas shopping done. You would find Cherie at 'Cribs' for an afternoon, she could look and shop for hours without buying, she just loved fashion and to look for beautiful things. So Cherie was out buying Christmas present for all and sundry, giving and receiving was a massive thing for her.

I recall the last time sitting with my dear friend 23rd December. I had called in on my way to the office, to see how things were going, the snow had been crazy and everything was frozen over. Alan (Cherie's husband) said ' Just in time, you can help Cherie wash her hair' He went off to do some hoovering, leaving us ladies to 'talk our souls out' as my hubby used to say to us. You will see her hair was her crown and something that she treasured, so it was an honour to help keep this pretty as ever. Little did I know that was the last time I would see her this side of Glory, not once did she give in to the prognosis. She amazed me through out.

Today we treasure the Christmas gifts she and Alan, her wonderful husband bought for us, before we left for the USA 8th January 2010.

I know though, Cherie's passing has been one of my biggest tests of faith for healing. It is important not to look at individual cases of loss, many people are miraculously healed in ways science cannot explain. I know to focus and believe what the bible says: that God sent Jesus Christ, as a baby to die on a cross to 'reverse the curse' and bring healing - spirit, soul and body to this temporal world. Even though Cherie went to be with the Lord earlier than she had wanted, I know she is not regretting the transition now. Some answers I would like, will have to wait until I enter eternity to understand. I suppose that again is walking by faith, not having all the answers, or pretending to either. One thing I know for sure though, Cherie is having a ball today with all the saints who have gone before her this includes: Her mum who she missed dearly and Pastor George, who will keep an eye on her too :)

So I will not mourn you sweet heart, even though I love and miss you Cherie; to phone and hear your voice 'Hiya Sweetie' :) Today instead I want to treasure and honour the life you lived. A life reaching out to the lost for your Jesus, you were so often intolerant with the 'church set up' but passionate about Jesus... and rightly so X

No comments:

Post a Comment